Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sally Rocks!

 Sally is the wild-child bass playing maniacal young lady I invented and molded after my nieces Sara (whom I've called Sally for years) and Lillian.  I drew her last evening on a flight home from seeing my family in Illinois mostly as a way to kill time, but it soon snowballed into a fit of non-photo blue pencil that made the flight go by a lot faster.

 Upon seeing the finished pencils on the plane, my wife said: "Wow, that's a lot of blue... is that more blue than usual?  It looks like a lot.  It's just a lot of blue."

And it was.  It still is, I just covered it with ink, but I couldn't do that on the plane due to turbulence... thanks, Obama.

Anyway, due to that restriction, I put it the drawing on the desk when I got home and started throwing ink at it over my morning coffee...

Then more in the afternoon...
Until I was done... All in all, I'm really happy with how it turned out and how well it works as a straight-up black and white piece (which I'm really focused on right now).

Sally is a great character and one I hope to find reasons to draw more and more.

No comments: