Sunday, March 15, 2015

Work In Progress


Come here, sit on my shoulder, and I'll tell you a story of a man who drove himself crazy trying to... well, trying to tell you a story.

The man is me.  The story is where the images in this post are pulled from.  It's a new comic I'm writing and drawing about the Warrior Igor and his quest to claim a throne and control of its undead army.


Anyway, this project has been brewing for a long time and is finally nearing an end.  After I published "Rock and a Hard Place" last year, I wanted to make another Igor story.  I wrote drafts of two more, and drew dozens and dozens of sketches and rough layouts.  After trying for a long time to make the prose work and the story solidify, I decided that since these were highly visual stories anyway that they would probably work better as comics, so that's what I set out to do.



Since January, I've been laying out, penciling, and inking pages of this still untitled comic and I'm finally nearing the end of the tunnel.

 In a few weeks time, I should have everything ready to go.  My goal was the end of March(I am far from the fastest illustrator ever) and I am going to be very close to it.

While I'm not insanely thrilled with every aspect of my art in this comic, I am satisfied with most of it, and like that it has been a platform for me to experiment and try out a few different tools and techniques.  It's been very helpful to me in this project and will continue to be helpful in projects in the future.  Once I got past the frustration and insanity of beating my head against the wall trying to get everything perfect, and once I talked myself out of throwing everything away and starting over, I calmed down, saw the light shining through and pushed forward.
(thanks to JF Dubeau for helping talk me off the ledge)


I'll be making more noise about this as it gets closer to time for me to release it, so keep an eye out for it in the next few weeks.

No comments: