Sunday, January 4, 2015

Feather Dancer

I did it.  I survived the holiday season again this past year.  That is no small feat, considering the hectic pace, high stress, and general insanity that mark the most wonderful time of the year.  Now I can breathe a sigh of relief and settle back into my "normal" schedule and work flow.

It also means I can start unveiling things I drew as Christmas presents.  Due to the mental condition I have that will not allow me toI did it.  I survived the insanity, stress, crazy pace, and workload of the holiday season.  That's kind of a big deal for me because it tends to be an exhausting time of year, so to make it through and be settling back down to my normal schedule is very cool.
 ever mail a gift on time, there are a lot of these pieces still floating through the Postal system right now.  As they reach their recipients, I will be sharing them here.



First up is this piece I made for my friend and collaborator Bonnie Pehlke.
I worked with Bonnie last year and illustrated her children's book "That Sneaky Snake Sydney", so the drawing is of Hannah, the worried hen who is the book's main character.  Bonnie is also an unabashed superfan of the Dave Matthews Band, so I combined the two and drew Hannah as the Fire Dancer.  I simply rechristened her as "The Feather Dancer".

You can watch me ink this piece below in real time.  Yeah, that's right, REAL TIME!  This video has not been sped up in any way, I am simply that fast.  It helps that this was shot after I consumed 3 pots of coffee and a Toblerone bar that was intended for my wife's Christmas gift...


No comments: