Wednesday, December 4, 2013

This Year's Books

 We're coming up on the end of the year and it turns out that I did not get a book of my own done this year, as I had hoped.  The bright side of this is that it didn't happen because I've been busy with freelance work instead.  This year, I've worked on 3 books and they should all be wrapped up by the end of the year.

"The Pirates of Negativity" is a short poem book by Frank Jean that features some of the artwork I'm showing here.  It's a fun read for kids about being positive and it was a lot of fun to work on.  Frank let me have a lot of say in creating the characters for this book and it turned into a great experience.


Below is artwork from Makenzie Lawrey's book about her brother and Mitochondrial Disease that I talked about last month.  This one is probably my favorite  drawing for that book that I've done so far.  Yeah, it looks kinda weird, and it probably is, but it makes sense in the context of the book.  Makenzie writes some cool metaphors that are fun to draw!
I'm under NDA for the third book, so I can't discuss that or show any artwork from it now.  It's been a long ongoing project for most of the year, and it'll be good to have it wrapped up soon.

Thanks for checking in.

2 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

Having too much work is never a bad thing!!! :) You are fortunate to have such fun projects on your drawing board!! This is truly great stuff you've produced!!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2014!

Phil Rood said...

I can't complain about most of the jobs I've had this year... I'm having fun with them, but looking forward to wrapping them up and moving forward. I can't wait to see what's in store for next year either!