Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Best. Year. Ever.

As 2012 closes, I've realized that this year has been a great one... not perfect, but great just the same.  It may have been the greatest year of my life in a lot of ways, and a lot of people who may be reading this have a lot to do with that.

Earlier this year, someone contacted me online and told me that he thought that it was a shame that I don't have a bigger audience and that he thought my work deserved to be seen by a lot more people than it is.  While he was coming from a good place and had good intention behind it, I thought it was a really negative way of looking at it.  I told him that I appreciate that, but that I consider myself very lucky.

I do not have a large audience for my work... but I do have an audience.

I have a group of people who see what I do and that group is, slowly but surely, growing.  In addition to that, I have a group of people who see my work and are very vocal.  I have a group who offers a lot of encouragement, a lot of support, a lot of help, and a lot of constructive criticism than a lot of people do.  I have a group who is interested in what I've done, and interested in seeing what I do next.

I have a group of people who have bought my book, then turned around and told me how great it is and how much their kids are enjoying it.  I have a group of people who aren't shy about reaching out and telling me "good job".

I have a group of people who take the time to tell me that something I drew made them laugh.  I have a group of people who bring other people into the group.

I have a small, but fantastic, group of people who surround me and my work and have contributed to me having a great year.

I cannot thank you enough.

-PHIL

4 comments:

Javier Hernandez said...

A great outlook! Wishing you an even more productive 2013!

Phil Rood said...

Thanks Javier, right back at ya!

Creations By Mit said...

Absolutely LOVED visiting your blog throughout 2012! Looking forward to seeing what cool stuff you have in store for us in 2013!!! I have no doubt it will make me smile!

Phil Rood said...

it's been great getting to know you and your work this year too Mit! Thanks for all your encouragement and help this year!