Monday, November 19, 2012

Anger (for Patsy)

 Last night I was sat down at the counter with my sketchbook and my wife said: "Whatcha drawin'?"  I said, "I don't know... what do you want me to draw?"  She thought for a minute and said: "Anger.  Draw what anger looks like." 

So I drew a rough sketch of a crazy angry bulldog.  I liked it enough that I wanted a more finished version, so I grabbed some bristol, and my "studio in a box" and drew this more detailed, disturbed, and even angrier version of the same thing.
At the end of the day, I don't know why my wife wanted me to draw anger...  I can only assume it's the copious amounts of rage she has inside of her from over 12 years of living with me... or maybe she's keying into what I do and understands that anger is a very expressive emotion and it allows me to cut loose when drawing it, and she wanted to key me into that...

probably the first one though.

2 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

Ha ha! I imagine I looked a lot like this when I unloaded on my neighbor last night!

Phil Rood said...

lol... yeah, I've worn that face on occasion too... usually when I step on Legos when walking through the living room at 3:30AM