Monday, October 1, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Witch



W is for Witch... also it's for Werewolf and Winged Monkeys, which were also in the running for this one.  For some reason this one seemed to be the one I had the most trouble deciding on.  W had three options that seemed really fun and I would've enjoyed drawing any of those.  I went with the Witch because she's fun, she's classic, and I thought I needed some more women in my alphabet... balance and diversity is key to a great Monster Alphabet.  Men, women, all skin colors, scales, fur, tentacles... all are welcome here!

Thanks for checking it out.  Drop me a line and let me know what you think of this one, and stay tuned... only 3 more monsters to go in this series!

4 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

Ha ha! Great eyes! While she won't win any beauty contests, I think she might make up for it in personality, based on that extended pinkie! Great job with the draped clothing!! Wish I could convey that half as convincingly!

Phil Rood said...

thanks Mit, I tend to have trouble with clothing like this too... my secret is to fake like I know what I'm doing and eventually say "that's pretty close" and leave well enough alone... but I'm working on it

scrapperjen said...

I really like this one! She's scary but there's something I like about her...

So are you going to make these into a book?

Phil Rood said...

thanks Jen... my goal with these has been to make them a little scary and fun at the same time... I've succeeded at that with some more than others.

Yeah, right now I'm planning a book for this series. I just want to collect the series together, maybe have some sketches, etc. and make it a cool art book. I haven't started doing page layouts or anything, right now I'm just concentrating on finishing drawing it. Hopefully soon though.