Monday, September 17, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Sirens






I am finishing up my vacation tonight by finishing up the 10th illustration that I completed while I was on it.  For "S" in the Monster Alphabet, I went back to the Greeks and posted the original psychotic girlfriends:  The Sirens.

Sirens were the beautiful women in Greek mythology who lured sailors towards them with their songs and beauty.  Often their ships would crash and sink and the sirens would devour the sailors.

I'm not saying I want to die, but I could think of worse ways to go than being seduced by beautiful women...

I'm back to my day job tomorrow, but the Monster Alphabet rolls on.  I've only got 7 more letters to go, so keep checking in

3 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Great style! They look mean! (But also cute, which I suppose is what lures the sailors.) :)

Creations By Mit said...

10! Wow!!! That's one productive vacation!!! These ladies are kind of like twisted Charlie's Angels...I always liked that show...not sure if I would have if it had featured cannibalism.... ;)

Phil Rood said...

Thanks a lot for the great feedback! Now on to my next project: Charlie's Cannibalistic Angels...