Saturday, September 15, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Poltergeist


P is for Poltergeist in this post.  I really like that I was able to add the Poltergeist to the Monster Alphabet.  These ghosts haunt places by throwing and breaking things.  Instead of seeming scary or dangerous to me, I always have pictured these spooks as being troublemakers instead... that makes them ghosts after my own heart... 

The problem I was faced with in making this was how to make a ghost seem interesting.  They are all pretty basic in design and when you couple that with my style, it seems like it'd come out being a little too simplified.  I think the scene I made for this helps out with making this an interesting scene.

On another note, I took on my old enemy, Perspective Drawing, for this one.  I've always battled with Perspective Drawing, and never found it to be an easy thing to conquer.  Though I survived this battle with Perspective, I don't feel like I made it through the fight unscathed... it looks passable... maybe even good(good enough anyway), but it's not perfect.  It's off just enough to bother me... but it makes me look forward to my next battle with Perspective Drawing.

Thanks for checking out my Monstrous Brother in Arms:  The Poltergeist

2 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

Perspective looks right on to me! (Was always the bain of my existence, too!!) I think you've captured "mischievous" with the expression on this guy's face! And I really like your use of color to convey his antics are nocturnal!

Phil Rood said...

it does me good to hear that an artist at your level has a tough relationship with perspective too...