Thursday, September 13, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Nessie



N is for Nessie, which is something that I've known for awhile... in one of the few instances of planning ahead and knowing what I'm doing, I decided a week or two ago to save the Loch Ness Monster for the letter N and list it as "Nessie".

In any event, this is a pretty self-explanatory drawing featuring Nessie being friendly with one of the locals.  Does music soothe the savage beast, or is the Loch Ness Monster really a midunderstood monster and actually gets along really good with the people of the area?

I'm trying to run out the last few days of my vacation by getting as many letters as I can done in this series.  I've got 4 more days left, let's see if I can get at least one monster per day posted.

Stay tuned kids...

5 comments:

Javier Hernandez said...

Only a true cartoonists works on his vacation! And I love Nessie, both your drawing and the legend. Remember the 70s, when documentaries on Nessie, Big Foot and the Bermuda Triangle filled our young minds with huge ideas!

And ya know what, most people I know don't like bagpipes! What brutes! Probably because of Roddy Piper's ring entrance music in the 80s, I've developed a real fondness for the instrument.

Phil Rood said...

Thanks Javier! I work on vacation because it's when I can get the biggest chunks of my work done, and yeah, I dig bagpipes too... My wife's cousin is a piper and it's pretty amazing to hear him play

Creations By Mit said...

I love this one, Phil!! Great detail on the bag piper, and Nessie's expression is fantastic - he sure does seem to be enjoying the tunes! (Me, on the other hand - not really a fan of that music!)I left you a surprise on my blog. Well deserved. Check it out under "Imagination"!!!

Amy said...

I like that Nessie's expression makes me wonder whether the piper is going to be kissed our eaten when he's done.

Phil Rood said...

kissed... and then eaten