Thursday, September 13, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Medusa



I went back to the mythology well for "M" calling on Medusa.  The old school mythologies have a ton of great monsters in them so going this route is pretty natural.

As I was working on this, my 12 year old son told me that my version of Medusa may be too pretty, but I thought it came out pretty well.  I thought that making her a little more attractive would work in contrast to her snake hair in a good way.  Apparently, it worked as my son told me that it looked cool when he saw the finished inks on it this morning.

Thanks for checking it out.

1 comment:

Creations By Mit said...

Hmmm....I was recently depicted as Medusa, and the guy doing the photoshop work made me absolutely hideous! I wish I'd had this illo as reference so he could see Medusa CAN be pretty! Ha ha!! I love your refreshing take on this character!!