Sunday, September 2, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Headless Horseman



This guy's out of his gourd and he's out to take heads!  It's the Headless Horseman for this week's installment in my "Monster Alphabet" series.  For anyone who doesn't know, this guy is from Washington Irving's short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow".  It's a really cool story that is pretty much a campfire ghost story and I think it's worth a read for anyone who likes that kinda stuff.

I've been posting some of the process for this one as I went on my facebook page and have been getting good response to it.  Please continue that here and let me hear from you.  Let me know what you think of this one and the series in general.

Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Creations By Mit said...

The horse is PRICELESS!!!! I'm far more scared of him (& the stuff coming out of his nose!) than his rider! He steals this one!!! The rider looks like he enjoys hamming it up, posing!! Really like the way you used shadow on this one, as well color. Its not overly dark, yet it is still clearly night. Love it!!!