Monday, August 27, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Grim Reaper


The Grim Reaper is Death personified, and he's also "G" personified in my Monster Alphabet.
I took a pretty straightforward approach to this guy, making him the image we pretty much always associate with the Grim Reaper.

I did run into a road block that is a fairly big one for me.  I can manage to draw a skull pretty well, but I find it tough to give a skull personality.  I tweaked the eye sockets a little bit and I think I managed to give him a little bit of personality.

Thanks for checking in with the blog and be sure to come back and look for the next entry in this series.

2 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

I think he's got personality! And love the color choices. As always - exquisite line work, Phil.

Phil Rood said...

thanks a lot Mit... I always stress about my inking and line work way more than anything else, so your praise for it goes a long way! Thank you so much for your support!