Monday, August 13, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Extra-Terrestrial

E is for Extra-Terrestrial.  Is this a cheat?  Are aliens monsters?  In this case, I think it's clear that they are.  Look at this guy, leveling a city and terrorizing its people.  I think the term "monster" applies here.

I think this is some of my best inking work and I'm really happy with a more streamlined, quick way I've found to color in Photoshop.  Since I use basic, flat colors anyway, it's a method that seems to be a good fit for me so far.  It's got me coloring in Photoshop for the first time in quite awhile, and I'm really enjoying it.

Let me know what you think.  Of this piece, of the colors, and of the "Monster Alphabet" series as a whole.

2 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

Love this image!!! I feel myself cheering for the guy to escape, because man, I would not want that thing slobbering on me!! (nor would I be thrilled about him eating me, either...) Great linework, as always. Been coloring in Photoshop since I started doing the IF challenges, & I find it really speeds up my process! Great job with this one.

Phil Rood said...

Thanks a lot Michele! I've colored on and off in photoshop, but haven't really found a way that suits me or that I've found very intuitive until recently. I've actually usually colored in vector graphics programs, which also has worked well for me. I'm really liking my new process though. Thanks again for the great comments, they are much appreciated!