Sunday, July 8, 2012

Who's Who


 This is a drawing I made for my wife, who loves owls, and I was happy to see that she was super excited to see it.  She found the inked version in my office before I had colored it and before I was ready to have her see it.  It is the most enthusiastic for my work that I've ever seen her, so it made the effort all worthwhile.

I had a great time drawing this and trying to come up with a different expression/personality for each of them.  I am always really entertained by the work of Sergio Aragones and the big crowd scenes he draws.  He makes it impossible to just skim over them quickly by the way he draws each character with its own personality and action.  You have to stop and look over every detail of his drawings so you can see every bit of fun that he puts into them.  I don't hold a candle to Mr. Aragones's work, but that's what I was trying to do here.



No comments: