Thursday, July 26, 2012

Monster Alphabet: Boogeyman


"B" is for "Boogeyman"(sometimes spelled "Bogeyman" or "Boogieman").

The "Monster Alphabet" series marches on with the super creepy guy who lives in the closets and under the beds of kids everywhere.

I liked drawing this guy because there's no gold standard of what he looks like.  It gave me a clean slate to design whatever kind of monster I liked.  Sometimes I like some sort of loose idea of what a monster looks like to use as a springboard for designing my take on it, but I really kind of enjoyed just going loose and being able to make him look however I wanted.  Kind of liberating really.

What do you think?  How did I do with this design?

1 comment:

Creations By Mit said...

LOVE this!!! The expression on the kid's face is priceless! And a very convincing Boogeyman! Love how he's emerging from the doorway with the outstretched leg.