Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Drinking Buddies

What's more refreshing after a crazy raid and pillage of a foreign kingdom than kicking back and drinking some brews with your Barbaric Drinking Buddies?  Nothing.

This is just the most fun way I came up with to illustrate how refreshing a cold beer can be after a hard day at the office for the Illustration Friday topic of "Refresh".

I really just wanted an excuse to draw more cool looking Viking characters and jumped at this idea.  I wrestled with the colors a bit more than usual.  I wanted a kind of earth toned palette, but still wanted some bold, bright colors in there too, I think they're the best to use when using flat colors like I do.  I think overall, it turned out pretty good and I struck a good balance of bold and earth colors.







2 comments:

Creations By Mit said...

VERY cool looking viking characters! (And very refreshed looking!) That big guy seems to make a good target, but apparently no worse for the wear! Great stuff!!!!

Phil Rood said...

Thanks a lot! Glad you liked it!