Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hitched

Good times this weekend making this piece... I had a great time drawing this underwater cowboy and his seahorse... Don't overthink it, just let it be fun.

I had assistance with the colors on this drawing by my 11 year old son, Austin.  I spent some time this afternoon teaching him how to color in a vector program and he really took to it and some of the background for me.  He took to it really intuitively, not only the technical aspects of drawing and manipulating anchor points, but in picking colors as well.  Thanks a lot for the help and for being a great student.
 
You can buy the original ink drawing(shown below):
"Hitched" original ink
11" x 11" ink on bristol
$50.00

11 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Haha, great idea. Love the seahorse.

Lauren said...

I love this concept! Wonderfully done.

Michele Thomas said...

Very nice. And so well executed!

Phil Rood said...

Thanks a lot guys, I've enjoyed making this one maybe more than I should... the icing on the cake is that you guys like it too!

Claire Wildish said...

FunnY! Love the scuba diving cowboy.

k.h.whitaker said...

Ha!!! that's great

Beth Parker said...

Love it! You're right... don't over think it, just let it be fun, and it is!

Yoyo said...

It made me smile, nice!

Phil Rood said...

you guys are making my day with this good feedback... If it's making you smile and laugh, I feel like I'm doing my job!

crazylady said...

Love it! By the IF picture I expected a horse, and laughed out loud when I saw the full illustration! Lovely (and I love the BG colors too!!!)

Phil Rood said...

Thanks crazylady... I'm glad my icon pic worked in a misdirection way too, and thank you from Austin on the background color compliment