Monday, March 19, 2012

Shades & 'Staches



"Shades & 'Staches" Why do so many cops consider them to be part of the standard police uniform? I think this image answers that question adequately... Because they look like no-nonsense bad asses, that's why.

This piece is one I did for Illustration Friday's topic of "Shade". I had a great time doing it in the spirit of the character designs I've been doing lately.

You can also buy the original ink on bristol piece of "Shades & 'Staches". It's great for framing, a gift for your favorite police officer, or to fold up and carry around in your wallet, in case you get pulled over. Who knows, it might get you out of a traffic ticket.
If you buy it, I'll throw in the original pencil drawing for free(shown below)

(SOLD)

5 comments:

scrapperjen said...

That is awesome!!! It totally made me smile.

Phil Rood said...

good, then I did something right!! Thanks Jen!

Dave Finley said...

Badasses indeed! Love the coffee and cigarettes, too. Fun drawing and strong characterization.

Phil Rood said...

Thanks Dave, and beware: they're on the lookout for Skofflaws...

Creations By Mit said...

Ha ha! You really nailed it with these characters! Love it!!!!!