Monday, March 12, 2012

Character Work

It's been awhile since I posted something new on my blog, as I've had a little bit of client work, and a lot of life getting in the way. I thought I would make my first post in a couple weeks something insanely fun--or something I think is insanely fun anyway--and a gunfighting monkey seems to fit that bill.

This is a character I've had bouncing around in my head for awhile. It's due, to some extent, to the fact that I love the image of a monkey riding a dog. While that's not what's going on here, I think that would be a big part of the world this character belongs to. I still have some tweaking to do with this character, but I do think I'll be using him in some capacity in the future.

Here it is in color. I did a pass of colors in Inkscape(an open source vector program, like a less streamlined version of Illustrator) just for grins and giggles. I what I really enjoyed was spending a day doing character design work.

Thanks for checking it out.

No comments: