Sunday, January 8, 2012

Three Blind Mice

I'm starting this new year off with plans to do a whole pile of new drawings of all kinds. The plan is soon I'll have a good crop of illustrations to pick new portfolio pieces from. I'm looking to put together some good samples and really start going after some freelance work this year.


The first piece for that is this one... It's pretty self explanatory in coming from the nursery rhyme, I just wanted to have a little fun with a simple concept, and I definitely accomplished that. This was good to work on and it helped that I got notes from my eight year old son along the way.





4 comments:

scrapperjen said...

I love this! It's kind of Tom & Jerry-ish.

Phil Rood said...

yeah, except that Jerry could see well enough to hit Tom in head with a sledge hammer

cheesepirate said...

About time those kids started earning their keep ...

Phil Rood said...

if nothing else, they're good for brutally honest criticism... not always constructive criticism, but the kind I need to hear sometimes