Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Santa

I guess what I'm doing here is acknowledging that we're officially into the Christmas season... I know that in the retail/radio station/tv commercial sense, we've been in this season since the end of summer, but I don't pay attention to that until I'm done with my leftover turkey sandwiches from Thanksgiving...


I actually find Santa to be a fairly cool character to explore from a cartooning point of view. He's fairly simple in terms of design, but you can do a lot in terms adding your own style into it when you draw him.


Below is the pencil and the ink versions of this drawing. I did the colors in some open source vector software called Inkscape... Not the most intuitive program ever, but I did get the job done, and it'll work until I can get a new copy of Illustrator. Maybe Santa'll hook me up this year...





No comments: