Sunday, September 25, 2011

the Stand Off

This week, we find a "Stand Off" between a Viking warrior and a bear... Why? Because they're both Ferocious... an admittedly shaky tie-in to this week's Illustration Friday topic of "Ferocious"


Who would win this contest, I wonder. The Chicago football fan in me, picks the Bear, hands down, but my Norwegian bloodline has to put my krones on the barbarian warrior...
the original inks. They were done with a Pentel Pocket Brush Pen on 11" x 14" bristol. The original inked drawing is available for sale here:

http://philrood.bigcartel.com/product/the-stand-off-original-inks




One of my original idea sketches for this... A few minor changes, like losing the Viking's helmet horns and adding the braid... other than that, it mostly stayed the same.





3 comments:

Susan Drawbaugh said...

Great!!

Marie Alice said...

Excellent, very funny !

Jack Foster said...

Da Bears! Great one Phil...I drew my own football conclusion before I read the text. Very great character design and expressions!