Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sarah

Lately, I haven't been participating in Illustration Friday as much as I'd like because of a few projects I've had going on. Aside from my ever-present and ever-growing list of personal projects that I do for myself, I've actually had some work-for-hire jobs happening. One of them is here, a drawing of a cousin's daughter, Sarah.


The above drawing is my attempt at a caricature of her. I'm not a traditional caricature artist, and I found it to be a unique art form full of its own unique challenges... I kept trying to go for the features of a "standard" caricature, but in the end, it's simply a cartoon drawing in my style. Not bad, just a bit different than what I'm used to.

Also, because Sarah likes horses so much, I made an ink and marker sketch for her. This is something I took considerably less time on, but I had a ton of fun doing it.

More updates on work for hire and personal projects are coming soon, as well as--I hope-- a return to Illustration Friday posts.

Thanks for looking, and check back often.



1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

These are darling!!!!! Great job!