Monday, August 1, 2011

Obsessed or Oblivious?

After a couple weeks away from Illustration Friday, I jumped back into it this week with the topic of "Obsession". Let this odd image be a cautionary tale about being so obsessed with something that you miss it altogether when it's right there... but enough with the lesson.


In drawing out the character, I knew I wanted a "nerdy" kid as the protagonist. I've been reading a lot of '60s era Spider-Man lately and I realized that this kid is very similar to that era's Peter Parker. As a result, I thought it would be fitting to use an old school color palatte to finish this piece off.


Thanks for looking, and check back often

3 comments:

Marty Qatani said...

Very cool... the thumbnail on blogspot jumped right out at me.

scrapperjen said...

I love this!

Jack Foster said...

Great retro feel and terrific “Parker-like” character Phil. Great to have you back and thanks for dropping by ;o)