Sunday, July 3, 2011

Prehistoric Discrimination

I decided to pass on Illustration Friday this weekend and do a piece that my 10 year old son inspired. We had a conversation about what if wooly mammoths were still alive and living in the Arctic Circle. He said that I knew too much and that the mammoths would come to kill me so they could continue to live in secret, but while they were here, they would start digging the city life and go to dance clubs, etc. After enjoying the inventive mind of my offbeat and awesome son, I filtered it for awhile and came up with this: a dinosaur bar that has bigoted rules towards serving beasts from other prehistoric time periods.


I drew into the wee hours of the night last night. I woke up and jumped right back into it this morning, finishing inks and coloring it so I could post it today.


Don't ask for it to make sense, just let it be fun... and odd.

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

This is GREAT!!!!! It needs to be hanging in someone's bar somewhere!