Monday, June 6, 2011

One for the Books

This is one of the great jobs I've ever done for somebody. This is a promotional image for a locally owned and operated bookstore called One for the Books. It's a great little store selling new and used books and music as well as stuff for kids like toys and puppets. When I talked to them about carrying "Mom's Backyard Zoo" (which they do) Don--the owner--looked through it and hired me to do this drawing for them. They were great to work for in that they kept me pointed in a direction, weren't afraid to give critiques, and basically let me run with it. It was a great, fun job creating great, fun characters that capture some of our Florida iconography in a cool way.


One for the Books is located at:
3810 Del Prado Blvd

Cape Coral, FL
Check out their website at: http://www.capecoralbooks.com/

If you find yourself in town here, please go in and check out this cool independent bookstore.

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

This is REALLY cute! You need to market this idea to libraries/bookstores/etc.

I will have to remember this store if we make it your way - looks awesome!