Monday, May 2, 2011

Music Lesson

No, that kid's not drinking moonshine... not now anyway. He's getting a music LESSON(this week's Illustration Friday topic) from his dad. Yes, I brought back the hillbilly rock star who has become one of my favorite characters of mine in the past few weeks, and I was happy to create and introduce his boy for this drawing. I wanted to take some more time with this one, but the time seemed to slip away from me this weekend. Add in some other projects, and you get a piece that I did so quickly that I even forgot to sign it.


My original scan, shown below, also tells you that time was a factor. You can see that I had plotted in a background originally, but I opted to not ink that in and simply focus on the subjects of this drawing.



Thanks for checking in and be sure to check back soon.



2 comments:

Mary Uhles said...

funny! and I'm from nashville so i knew immediately what they were up to;)

Jack Foster said...

Hey Phil! You ROCK! So does your character :o) Great idea and so well done. Take care buddy :o)