Monday, April 4, 2011

Duet

This week's Illustration Friday theme was "Duet" and I couldn't think of anyone more fitting to be in my drawing for this than a character from last year who got a lot of attention on my blog. My eccentric Appalacian rock star that I created last year to showcase a rare, double-necked banjo: http://philrood.blogspot.com/2010/07/double.html


I had to give this guy a buddy, so it could fit the duet theme, so I strived to make another interesting looking character, who is apparently in need of some sleeves... and a belt.


I'm also psyched to be posting this guy again this week, because it's my brother Joe's birthday, and the original drawing this guy was in was one of Joe's favorite ones that I've done. Happy Birthday Joe, see I didn't forget your present.

Here's the original inks for the piece.

Thanks for checking everything out this week, and check back soon.

7 comments:

Elena said...

:)

Cindy Paul said...

Your ink drawing is superb too. I, too, chose a banjo but not as cool as yours (or probably accurate). Good work.

String said...

I love the energy in this one!

scrapperjen said...

Fun!

Ana said...

really cool characters :)

Jack Foster said...

Yeah! I remember this guy! Thought he was cool last summer...now he ROCKS! Great work Phil! Your line work is fantastic! I’m loving your owls too from the last post. Your wife is right. you really gave them the Rood treatment. NICE. Great color choices too. Love the cool night time palette.
Happy Birthday Joe!!

Phil Rood said...

thanks a lot everybody. I appreciate you checking out my drawing for the week and all of your good feedback.