Sunday, March 6, 2011

Yes, I'm Still Here...

Yes, it really HAS been that long since I've done a new blog post, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working, and this piece here is proof of that. This is a drawing I did for a friend of mine, Mr. Anton Zanker (that's him frozen in the carbonite). You can check out my fellow cartoonist's work here: http://antoonsiscool.blogspot.com/
His work is very cool and he has a definite style all his own, I highly suggest you check it out.
This piece is also pretty important to me as it publicly marks a change in my process. I have been doing most of my work completely vector, but now I'm switching the way I do my linework to working with traditional inks. Though this way is not as familiar to me, I am working hard to get better at it and am encouraged by my slow, but sure progress that I've made so far. I've been working with a nib and brush, as well as some tech pens.
I've kept to working in Illustrator to do my coloring. It seems to work well, not only because it's a program that I am very familiar with, but also because I tend to prefer working with flat colors and flat shadows. Overall, the blend of raster inks and vector colors is one that seems to work well for me.
Thanks for looking and being patient in waiting for a new post. More will follow, both with Illustration Friday and with a new project that I have been up to my neck in for the past month or so. Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted on all of that.

No comments: