Monday, March 21, 2011

Cultivate

This week's topic of "Cultivate" somehow got me around to the classic story of "Jack and the Beanstalk". I've never really known when and where this story is supposed to be set, but in my head, Jack seemed to naturally fit the profile of a Depression-era farmboy, so that's how I drew him. His exression was important to me to get right too. I wanted him to be amazed that his beans actually were magic, despite his being gullible enough to buy them on faith.


Here's the cleaned up inks of this drawing, and below is the original scan, which is for sale HERE
Check it out and the other posters/drawings in my store, and contact me with any questions.


Thanks for checking out this post and check back often for more.




4 comments:

Daslav said...

cool nice stule you have like it ..seeya

INDIGENE said...

I think it's a very cool illustration!

ArtbyAndy said...

Great job!

Phil Rood said...

Thanks everyone fo checking this out and commenting. I appreciate the good feedback