Sunday, October 24, 2010

FIRE BAD!!

Is it Frankenstein's Monster against a Mob of Angry Villagers, or is it a grumpy old man screaming at no good trick-or-treaters to stay off of his lawn?
Monster drawings are one of the best things about Halloween, so I'm trying to take advantage this year and do a couple extras for the blog. I'm likely skipping Illustration Friday this week, so I can get another Halloween pictures done as well as some comic work.
I was definitely inspired by the Hulk for this one, showing Frankenstein's monster as a huge, massive creature and, more importantly, showing how feared he is. I know that the Hulk was inspired partly by Frankenstein, and I think these characters are sort of kindred spirits. Frankenstein's Monster was great for that, setting a stage for many odd looking, misunderstood characters in literatrure, movies, and comics for years to come.
Thanks for taking the time to check this one out. Please check back often for new posts.

No comments: