Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beneath

This week's blog entry is a bit different from what I'm used to putting on here. I've made this week's Illustration Friday entry, "Beneath" in ink and watercolor. I'm away from my home studio and my work computer this week so I initially decided that I wasn't going to do an entry this week. But after getting the idea to draw a troll "beneath" a bridge to illustrate the word, I decided that I could do things in a more old school way. I busted out the Microns, a brush pen and my travelling watercolor pencils and set about scribbling on some bristol. The end result became something I'm pretty satisfied with and I hope you are too.
If interested, the original watercolor piece is available for sale here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/58279980/beneath
Thanks for looking and check back often.

4 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

Exactly my idea of a troll under a bridge! Glad you got out the supplies and did things the old-fashioned way :)

Phil Rood said...

Obviously Linda, you're as brilliant as I am. Great minds and victims of bridge extortion always go straight to the idea of trolls.

dosankodebbie said...

Great illustration for the topic! I grew up reading and listening to troll-under-the-bridge stories, so this really strikes a chord with me.

Susanna said...

Oeps, I don't think I want to walk on this bridge....!! Great!