Monday, September 13, 2010

Team Resignation


It's the return of the Phil Rood Illustration Blog with the return of Tricky Dick Nixon. That's right, after a long hiatus, I've actually got a new post to put up this week. I've actually been working for all this time that I haven't been posting, but I've been busy doing projects that are longer term, like a children's book and a web comic. I've been doing less of the single illustrations that generally make up my blog. I've got a couple upcoming posts that are good and will soon make sure I budget some time to get back into the swing of Illustration Friday so I can have new content here almost every week. I also plan to post some preview art for the Jolly Hank web comic that I've been working on for the past couple months. I'm not only working on the comic itself, but have been coding and builiding the website for the comic so I can move it off blogspot onto a format that allows for it to be organized a bit more.
As for this post, this is a drawing and logo design I did for my brother and his race team for the upcoming Rod Blagojevich Never Say Die 500 in Joliet, IL. They are known as Team Resignation and have chosen Mr. Nixon as their team mascot hence the drawing or Tricky Dick in the classic Speed Racer pose.
Thanks for checking in and keep posted on the happenings with Team Resignation as their marathon race approaches by checking in with them here: http://teamresignation.blogspot.com

No comments: