Monday, July 26, 2010

Double


Here's my entry for Illustration Friday's "Double" topic this week. The top rock musician in the entire Smoky Mountains and his amazing double-neck banjo. That's bluegrass virtuosity right there. I don't know how I came to settle on this image for this topic, I just wanted to do something you don't see every day, and after about 20 years of going in and out of guitar shops, I've yet to see a double-neck banjo.
Also posted is my original pencil sketch that I used for my template. It's pretty close, but you can see that I originally had scribbled in a double barrelled shotgun as well to keep with the theme. In the end, my pencils for the gun weren't tight enough and I thought it might start cluttering up the whole image too much and taking away from the main focus.


Thanks for looking and check back often.


3 comments:

michele said...

Is that "double x" moonshine on the porch? lol! A real hootenanny! :o)

k.h.whitaker said...

very nice

Jack Foster said...

Very original! I love it!! Great illo and terrific layout! Nice one Phil!