Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Streets of Barb City


I was working on this already and I thought it would also work well with this week's Illustration Friday topic: Brave. This is a tribute to my brother, who is a cop in Northern Illinois and also a big film noir fan.


The original pencil sketch I worked from is below. You can see some elements were changed or left out completely, like the scribbled in cop car in the background and the silhouette of the gunman in the window in the upper left corner. These were left out of the scene, partly for the sake of color.





This incarnation of this characterization of my brother started when I did some artwork for his wedding invitations. It's simple vector linework, but it adds some punch to the invitations and is a lot of fun. It's my brother Joe and his fiance Michelle.

Thanks everyone for looking, and check back soon.

2 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

very nice illustration

scrapperjen said...

How true...how true!