Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Norwegian Extreme Sports

Watching the Olympics in the past couple weeks I've been inspired to draw this piece celebrating the biathalon and the Norwegian roots that both the sport and I share. This is a portrayal of extreme sporting Scandanavian style, with giant barbarians with semi-automatic weapons tearing up the course on cross country skis.
Below is the pencil sketch I used for an Illustrator template. It's not as tight as I normally like my pencil drawings to be, but it got me where I was going. It started out a lot tighter than it ended up, but in doing the fur on the coat and boots, as well as the roughness of the Viking beard, the pencils got scribbled a lot. I think it actually benefitted the piece, as it forced some spontaneous work when doing those parts in Illustrator.
Thanks for looking, and check back often


No comments: